The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program is inviting researchers in developing countries who wish to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC) to apply for this fellowship.
Fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington, D.C. for 8 months (September to May each year) and work under the supervision of researchers in the World Bank’s Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments, engaging in high-quality and policy-relevant research projects.
Application Deadline: April 3, 2023
Type: Masters and Ph.D.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- The RSMFP offers competitive compensation, totaling $44,888 net of income taxes per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments).
- Fellows will work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers and will be offered training on cutting-edge research practices and technologies and engage with the World Bank operations
- Fellows will receive a one-week technical onboarding at the start of the program, including training on reproducible research practices.
- Fellows will be invited to write a blog based on their fellowship research within DEC.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Eligibility: To be considered for the RSMFP, applicants must be:
- Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries;
- Graduates of MA level studies or currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30th of the year the fellowship starts);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
How to Apply: For more details, visit the world bank website
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings